2-Step Authentication (2FA) protects your account by requiring a second verification. This makes it very difficult for abusive attempts, because when two-step authentication is enabled, account and password information for the account is not enough to log in and operate the account. Two-phase authentication applications, such as Google Authenticator, create constantly revolving, instantaneous validation codes that are requested at login.
The sign-in process proceeds as authentication is enabled:
1) Enter your username and password.
2) If the information is correct, the service will ask for a 2-step authentication code that you check on your mobile device.
3) Enter the code provided by the program and log in.
To enable 2-step detection, follow these steps:
1) Download the official application called Google Authenticator to your phone.
2) Go to "Account Settings" in your Coinmotion account, and click "Enable" for "Two-step authentication". You will receive a confirmation link to your email.
3) Click the email you received to access the page that now displays the QR code.
4) Open the Google Authenticator application on your phone and press the + sign, select “read barcode”, and scan the QR code displayed on the page.
5) The Google Authenticator application should now display a variable six-digit verification code that you type in the Verification Code box on the Coinmotion page. You have now successfully enabled 2-step authentication. Remember to write down the verification ID above the QR code you need if you lose your device using Google Authenticator.